Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Bane on Humanity...and by Humanity, I mean WOMEN

Bane
1. a person or thing that ruins or spoils:

Fabulous word. Totally fitting for the topic of today's diatribe: MEN.
So what is it with men and being thoughtful/romantic? There are a few times per year when it is absolutely mandatory (Valentine's Day, anniversary, birthday, etc) yet so many guys are just totally clueless about it. The excuse I got yesterday after my observation of "You just aren't very romantic are you?" was "I try to be...I just don't know what to do..." This was later in the evening after he had received a card and some candy from me first thing in the morning. Yet I didn't get so much as a "Happy Valentine's Day."
Give me a break! I told him that anything out of the ordinary that would make me happy falls under the umbrella term 'romantic'. Will it change anything? Probably not. Men are just self-absorbed beasts most of the time, so what is the point of even trying or taking it personally? It's just a damn shame.

2 comments:

deetour said...

He could have at least gotten you that Salad Fingers thong!!!

deetour said...

new blog please