Friday, July 20, 2007

Secondly

The next part of the speeding ticket saga is a rather positive one, I must report. I am now a reformed speeder. Ever since my brush with the law, I have been extra vigilant about my speed and have used my cruise control to its full potential. I have not gone more than 5-7 miles over the speed limit at any given time. I have seen at least 20 cops in this time, and have thus averted several more tickets I believe. My Bambi McBimbo, being a fiery hot chili red Mini Cooper, is highly discriminated against when it comes to speeding tickets. You see, Andrew was driving her when he received his, and I was driving her when I received mine. Another time, when we were on the way back from Todd and Carol's cabin in Payson, we were stopped by a cop for doing 56 in a 45. He told us to slow down and let us go on our way. Back in November '06, we were speeding to get the F out of Texas as quickly as possible, when we were stopped by a lady cop. She let us go with a written warning. I wonder what set those times apart? Well, funny you should mention that, Janna....I do believe the key factor intertwining those two experiences was the fact that we were in Andrew's Mini, which is a more 'mature' looking space blue, I guess. Faaaaaascinating.....

Anyhoo, besides the avoidance of speeding tickets during my renaissance period of newfound speed limit abidance, I have noted a couple other important observations:
First, I have not arrived at any of my desired destinations any later than during my days as a speeder;
Next, I enjoy a better all-around motoring experience as I no longer constantly worry or have to check my mirrors for cops waiting to pounce.

At first, it was very difficult reigning in the lead foot (which is where the cruise control comes in), but now that I see that the positives of not speeding actually outweigh those of speeding, I am fully reformed and looking forward to a life sans moving violations :-)

1 comment:

deetour said...

This sounds like something I should do as well.